Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Fridge/freezer fridge freezing

Customer Question

fridge/freezer fridge freezing
Expert:  Michael replied 9 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the Full model # of your fridge?

Also how old it is?

And is there any excess frost on the rear wall inside the freezer?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
MODEL NO -CDA 653 F
APPROX. 5 YEARS OLD
FROST ON BACK WALL OF FRIDGE NOT FREEZER
Expert:  Michael replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for that information.

Is there any leaking water or ice on the floor inside the fridge?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
NO THE FRIDGE AND FREEZER ARE BOTH FROZEN
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ICE CREAM INSIDE THE FRIDGE IS ROCK SOLID
Expert:  Michael replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for that,

What you need to do is defrost the entire unit for 24 hours with the unit unplugged so the system can also reset properly.

Make sure to put down a couple of towels, on the floor inside the fridge and freezer section to catch the excess water.

Next, re power the fridge/ freezer, and let it come up to temp.

Set the control for both at mid point and let it run for a few days. Check on the fridge temp and please let me knwo how it does, this should cure the issue but it may not if there is an electronic component failure.

If there is you will need a part but I cant tell that for sure until the unit has been defrosted and the main control board has reset;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Also, once you rate you will have access to me for 30 days no additional cost;-)

Thank you and have a great week!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
EXCELLENT RESPONSE 5* WILL RATE AGAIN WHEN THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN RESOLVED
Expert:  Michael replied 9 months ago.

Hi, the way to rate , you must click one of the ratings to actually rate .

Expert:  Michael replied 9 months ago.

it should be on this page I think at the top ;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 9 months ago.

Please rate kindly with a rating button.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Michael
As instructed, I have switched the fridge freezer off and left it for 24 hours. I have switched it on again and the fridge is refreezing. Any more ideas?
Expert:  Michael replied 9 months ago.

Hi yes thats what I needed to know.

Please check the air gate between the freezer and the fridge, it may have failed ad be stuck fully open.

If so, you will need to replace that part, it is a servo motor that controls the amount of cold coming from the freezer which is what cools everything based on the t-stat.

I will stick with you and help until we have it fixed, but please rate the correct way so I can remain with you.

There is a ratings button you must select in order to rate. Simply stating great service wont work unfortunately lol

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Expert:  Michael replied 9 months ago.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Suggest you look at the correct model as there is only one control knob and its in the fridge. There is no gate between fridge and freezer either inside or at rear. What do you suggest next please?
Expert:  Michael replied 9 months ago.

Hi Ok I see, what you are saying, i accidentally added 1 character and it showed the updated version. But yes even yours has a vent in the back part of the fridge. It allows the cold to flow.

In your case its much simpler actually so thats a lucky break ;-)

All you need is a new thermostat control. Its the knob you turn to increase and decrease the cold. It has a temp probe on it and they fail form time to time. Its not very expensive either.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If you are sure??? Where do we get it from and how is it fitted? What is the cost approx please?
Expert:  Michael replied 9 months ago.

Hi The part is available from: http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/

Phone: 0844(###) ###-####/p>

The cost should be about $60.00.

I cant give an exact price as the cost can change.

I would call them for this part because they dont list all parts for this one on their website.

To fit it I will help you, there is a little bit to take apart to get it out but its not hard to do and I will help you replace this part once you have it.

Also they will likley ship you the thermostat the same day you call.

I am sure of this yes ;-)

I have been a refrigeration tech for over 30 years hands on.

Please rate kindly so I can remain with you for the duration.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The knob connects to a small PC board in the light unit. Could this board be the part needing replacing?
Or could the main PCs board be the problem?
I am still unclear if are positive its the thermostat. That part is out of stock where l have looked so far.
Expert:  Michael replied 9 months ago.

Hi I doubt it is the main control board but it always could be, I cant be there to test this . But usually on this model the issue is the T-stat;-)

Also the t-stat is the cheapest part to replace, so I would replace that first and if the issue continues then you would need to the board.