Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Krups EA815, which I like. Bought November 2015

Customer Question

Hello...
I have a Krups EA815, which I like. Bought November 2015 from Debenhams (mail order).
I normally run it on a 2-cup 20ml strong setting. Recently, after the first shot (cup), the filter sounds like it is not clearing (a plastic click, rather than a metallic thunk). The machine then presumably tries to re-clear it, which works. The programme thinks it has now finished, so I don't get the second shot. Also the bin empty light comes on, even if the bin is empty. This is resolved by removing the red plastic tab and cleaning it.
Any ideas?
Thank you, Anthony
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Anthony, Im sorry to hear that. This is a serious issue within the brew unit itself.

You could pay for the parts and I could help you replace the brew unit but its not cheap;-(

Luckily your machine is still fully covered by the manufacturer ;-)

You should contact them using the information and phone # in your user manual and also on the warranty card.

They will replace the entire machine free of cost or repair it if you want that. Personally, since it is so new, I would want a new machine. They are pretty good about that and I don't think you will have any trouble there.

I wish I had a n easier solution for you, I really do, but at least it is still covered until November.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great week Anthony!

Sincerely

Tech Michael