JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a De Dietrich induction hob. After being away on

I have a De Dietrich induction hob. After being away on holiday (and I turn off all my electrics when away) When I switched the hob on , only half light up then went off and now nothing works at all.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Can you advise the model of hob you have?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
DTI704 model 63x51cm
The numbers that appeared on the LHS when I switched it on read as follows
d4. 4G.
22.A3.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately this is a very common fault, the hobs dont appear to like being left without power. Ive seen two this year, already caused by power cuts etc, I think its due to a sudden surge when the appliance is turned back on.

The fault relates to a hardware fault on the power regulator and main board, if the appliance is under warranty its worth booking an engineer for free by calling***********and press option 2, otherwise if you provide me your post code I can recommend a service company in your area.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not still under warranty I'm afraid.
My post code is SO45 6AD
Is it likely to be an expensive call out and or replacement part?
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Based on experience the parts are likely to be expensive (around the £100 mark), however the error codes are rather generic so its hard to say you need this part and it will cost x, as it may just be a burnt out cable, but it could equally be the voltage regulator\stepper.

The two companies I would recommend are Marchwood (023 8098 2377) and Premier Electric (02380 582562), I havent been able to get hold of Marchwood to get a call out charge but think they are cheaper than the £70 Premier Electric charge, however Premier refund you the call out fee if you ask them to do the repair. Both companies we have used for repairs in the past and have always had excellent feedback.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your input, I will get someone in to have a look. ( Forewarned is forearmed !) Thank you. Wendy Wood
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

So I may close the case can you please, rate the service received.

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thank you. Lets hope you are correct and I get it fixed quickly, as I am having to use a gas bottle burner outside! (bit like a camp kitchen) ok when fine but miserable when it rains!!!
Wendy