Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hotpoint Aquarius 8640 HDAL washer/dryer. Door jammed. Cord

Hotpoint Aquarius 8640 HDAL washer/dryer. Door jammed. Cord release clicks but does not release door. Have emptied out water by removing grey drainage pipe at rear. Machine turned on again and spins, water in but does not come out.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Im sorry to hear that.

How old is your washer?

Tech Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying you have two issues, door stuck and not draining?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bought May 2014 so 2 years and 3 months old and out of warranty. Possibly two faults but the main concern is jammed door.. It didn't open even when I took grey pipe at back off the fix-point under sink and emptied out a large volume of water. I tugged on the cord under machine and there are three or four clicks - apparently attempting to release door locking mechanism. I opened the door yesterday, then closed it when water poured out. After that it would not open again.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi thank you for that information.

This one may need a new door lock mechanism, easy to replace.

But, if it also wouldn't drain. You need the drain pump as well.

Both parts are easy to replace, I will help you with that all the way through.

As for the door lock, the only way to get it open now is to force it open. You will break the door catch as well, but you can get a new one and its recommended because the door did jam closed.

Its not expensive anyway lol.

Make sure the unit is unplugged before doing anything to it.

The best place to get a new drain pump, and complete door lock mechanism is: http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/

I would call them to place this order, as they dont list all the parts online and also if you call, they will ship those parts out today ;-)

Pleas call Ransom Spares: 0844(###) ###-####a href="http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/" target="_blank">Home » Parts » Brands » Hotpoint

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great week!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well a Hotpoint engineer is calling on 30th so I shall leave him to deal with either just the door locking mechanism or that and the the pump.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Ok thats one way to do it.

Please rate my service kindly before you go so I can close this for you.

Thank you and have a great day!

Tech Michael