Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Refrigerator Model RSH 5UBMH Temp selected is 1C. Temp at

Customer Question

Refrigerator Model RSH 5UBMH
Temp selected is 1C. Temp at top of fridge is 15C at bottom is 4C and back panel of lowest compartment is icing over. Deep Freeze, Ice and Water all working OK.
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your fridge?

Also is there any heavy frost on the rear wall of the freezer section?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Fridge is probably 5 years old at least. No heavy frost on rear wall of freezer section. Ice production and water flow both good.
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Can you check the air flow from the vent in the fridge for me?

it should be free flowing if the air gate there is open. On yours it is electronic like a servo controlled door. The main control board controls that and if that motor gets stuck , either because the board isnt sending the correct signal to it based on the T-stat, or the vent gate motor is stuck due to a failed servo motor in there then you will have this issue.

Also if the air flow is poor because there is ice build up behind thee rear wall of the freezer, you will have this problem.

The best way to tell whats wrong, is to defrost the entire unit for 24 hours with the doors open.

Then when you re power the fridge set the controls to mid point and close the doors. The problem will likley be gone at least for now.

If it continues to run great for a week probably all is ok and the board needed to reset and the defrost assures us there was nothing restricting the air flow to circulate the air aloud the fridge properly.

Please do the defrost as recommended, then let me know how it runs in a few days with regards ***** ***** temps in the fridge.

I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great week!

Once you rate you will have access to me for 30 days ;-)

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks MichaelFreezer is full at the moment with food so probably won't be able to defrost for a couple of weeks. Can then get back to you.
Do you want me to rate you now 3* or wait for the possibility of 4* or 5*?
Bill Davies
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Hi Bill, since this will take some time, go ahead and rate, so we stay locked in for 30 days.

And you are more than welcome , Im here ti be helpful.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Michael your advice worked a treat and fridge freezer is working properly again. Is it possible to up grade your rating now from 3 star to 5. Star?
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi Im not sure if you can do that but thank you for the kind words.

Have a great night I'm always happy to help!

Tech Michael