Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have the same problem on the same machine: the brush

I have the same problem on the same machine: the brush symbol has a light beside it and the machine won't start. Can you help?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How did the last cycle run?

Did it drain fully etc, or stop mid cycle?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** back home after being out so just picked up this message.
The last cycle seemed to be OK and drained fully as normal.
We had a problem with a leak about six weeks ago. A technician came and fixed a basic problem so the leak has more or less stopped (though some leakage still occurs).
But today suddenly the light by the little brush came on and then try as we might it didn't even start. So that's where we are.
All help gratefully received!
Tom
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tom, thanks for that info.

Please turn off power to your dishwasher at the mains so there is no power running to it and let it sit like that for 30 full minutes, time enough for the main board to reset.

Then you can re power the dishwasher and let me know what the display says if anything before you try to run a cycle?

Also what it says when you turn it on?

Thanks Tom.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks. I've switched it off and will wait for 30 minutes then try again and let you know what it says...
Tom
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Tom.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael, I just turned it back on after the regulation 30 minutes and the same result: the red light beside the brush is flashing.
And I tried ignoring it and pressing 'start' and shutting the door as usual but the machine ignored me and refused to do anything.
Tom
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tom,

If there is a leak this light will come on and the machine wont operate.

Also if there is a clog in the filter or drain line this will happen. Please check these areas, and if there is a leak it must be stopped and dried as there is a sensor to detect that. And since you mentioned the leak condition I would bet thats the cause of your trouble.

What you can try, is turn off power to the machine and tip the machine forward about 90 degrees and hold it there for 1 full minute. Then replace the machine upright and turn the power back on, let me know if that helped?

There is one more possibility and that would be a bad main control board. But we will cross that bridge once we have done all the troubleshooting first ;-)

Thanks Tom

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael, sorry, can't tip it forward as the machine is fitted in (I.e. Screwed into place etc) under the counter...??
Not sure how to check the filter or drain line -- again unless I could pull the machine out from its moorings.
I suspect you're right -- that the leak is the cause. In which case we shall have to get an engineer out to fix it I fear?
Tom
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tom I understand, in this case you will need an engineer to fix the leak to get this up and running again. I wish I had better news for you I really do Tom.

Maybe the same tech can do that for you that you had out recently and maybe he will fix it at a discount?

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great week Tom!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Michael. That makes sense.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Tom, you are more than welcome, let me know how it all goes;-)

All my best.

Tech Michael