Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an Siemens dryer WT46E300SK. It runs for 4-5 minute,

Customer Question

Hi. I have an Siemens dryer WT46E300SK.
It runs for 4-5 minute, then stop and the display and the light in the drum goes in and out constantly. No other light is on in this process.
I have clean the pump and hoses.
best regards/Arne
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Arne,

How old is your dryer?

Also does it still get hot when it runs for this short time?

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe 6 years. It work for 4-5 minute , as normal. then it has to be cooled down, and work for 4-5 minute more.
But after 4-5 minute it stops and restart for ½ sekund. and so on-
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Arne,

This is a bad thermal sensor inside.

It thinks the dryer is getting too hot so it shuts it down.

The part is not expensive and relatively easy to replace. The worst of this dis disassembly.

I will help you, do this if you're a lil handy and have a few basic hand tools.

The one you need is located on the heater box.

The best place to get that thermal and I would also replace the Thermostat in there as well so you don't have any further issue down the road is: http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/

I would call them for these two parts: 0844(###) ###-####a href="http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/" target="_blank">Home » Parts » Laundry Spares » Tumble Dryers » Siemens

I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great week!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ***** sensor you are talking about, is it the Thermal limiter ?. This is working and shot off at 180 degree.
And it has to be reset, so it cannot be the problem.
best regards/Arne
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Arne, no thats not the one.

But let me ask, when it stops abnormally, does the entire machine tun off, or does the cycle just seem to end?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The entire machine stops. And try to restart, for 1/5 of a second or so. on and on again.The display and lamp inside the machine is blinking, and the relay are clicking.
But if the machune is cooling down for at least five minnute or so. It can run for 4-5 minute again.
best regards/arne
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Arne,

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

The problem is, the main control board not any of the sensors.

Its easy to replace no soldering , but there are quite a few plug in connectors to that board. I recommend taking a pic or two before removing any of the wiring clips from the board.

The same place has that board as well Ransom Spares.

But you need to mention to them on this part, to make sure they send you one that comes with a pre-programmed PROM.

Sometimes they will send out boards that have not been programmed, and then you would need a tech to come out and program the board. And thats an added expense you wont need if you mention that to them;-)

Please rate kindly at this time so I can stick with you until we are sure this gets done without any issues.

Thanks Arne ;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael.The main board is far to expensive... Much more then a used dryer cost.
So I have to look for a used machine.
I have top rated you.
Best regards /Arne
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Arne, sometimes that is the case.

I agree with you on replacing the dryer, thank you for rating kindly ;-)

Have a great day, and best of luck with your new dryer.

Tech Michael