Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a hotpoint fridge freezer however the fridge is not

i have a hotpoint fridge freezer however the fridge is not cold enough its model FF187m i have a temperature gauge outside 12c to 2c i'm now put it to 2c it is cold but not much I hear rumbles of ice noises but not much as it used to do please help
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

If the freezer seems fine but the fridge has gone warm then the fault will be in the freezer. As the fridge section gets its cooling from the freezer section.

What you need to do is either empty the freezer and from there remove the back panel.

Once thats off you will see another plastic panel, Remove this as well.

Behind there you will see the evaporator. Check to see if theres an ice build up behind there. If so then use a hairdyer and melt all the ice from there.

Once clear refit the panels and retry the appliance and you will find the fridge section should get up and running again from there.

Or another option is a full defrost of the appliance. Empty it and unplug it for 24 hours and leave the freezer door open. This will allow the ice behind the panel in there to melt itself.

Then see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed its a one off that caused this but if it happens again then its possibley a fault on the defrost side of the appliance.

Try the above and see how it goes from there. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no back panel only the memory board and gas bottle thing, and above that is where the water evaporates from the fridge
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

The back panel i said to move is inside the freezer itself not at the back of the appliance.

You need to empty the freezer and then inside the freezer itself at the back thats the panels you need to remove to access the evaporator unit.

If you get stuck just get back to me again

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh right iv just went to the back and bloomin rip my floor up lol I'll do that sorry thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Not the esayist things to move are they.

Check behind that panel inside the freezer and im sure you will find thats blocked with ice.