Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Hotpoint FFM70 Fridge Freezer,the red freezer LED

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint FFM70 Fridge Freezer,the red freezer LED warning light keeps coming on,i have taken the interior back panel off.this is held on with 4 7mm bolt head screws, when the freezer had partly defrosted i was able to take the back panel off,the back off the freezer was a solid block of ice.when this had defrosted,i noticed that the drain hole in the lower center on the rear wall was still blocked with ice, is this causing the
problem.The motor sounds very noisy at times and there has been,what i can only describe
has cracking noises coming from the freezer,over the last few weeks.I have had the back panel off 3 times in the last 18months and it has worked OK for a few months each time.
can you help please.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

So is the freezer working at the moment?

Is the problem the drain hole keeps blocking up with ice all the time?