Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have a Hotpoint FFFM 170G Fridge/Freezer but it is dead.

Customer Question

We have a Hotpoint FFFM 170G Fridge/Freezer but it is dead. I checked the fuse in the plug and this is OK. I checked at the rear where the mains cable goes into a small block and then checked that the cable which comes out of this small unit and goes into the Fridge/Freezer. The 240v was definetly present on this cable. I do not know how to get inside the F/F to see where this cable carrying the 240v goes to as I thought there may be an internal fuse.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

If theres nothing comming on and theres voltage entering the appliance then it will be the control board at fault here.

There is no internal fuses inside these fridge freezers im afraid.

So as you have 240v comming into the appliance then it will be the control board at the top at fault here.

To access the control board you need to open the fridge door and look at the control panel at the top.

There you will see to oval covers either end.

Remove the covers and you will see a screw either side. Remove the screw and then you loosen the panel at the top. To fully remove it you need to remove the door but i dont usually do that.

Once loose you can then remove the control board from there and swap it over.

Now on this model the control board comes programed up so you can replace this yourself as its a stright forward swap over.

The part number for it if you want it is C00284787.

Replace that control board and this will cure the fault from there for you. If you need anymore info just get back to me.