JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a wmb91442lm. the door locks fine but when i start a

i have a wmb91442lm.
the door locks fine but when i start a program it stops within a few seconds and the padlock symbol disappears for a moment, comes back on and the machine tries again with the same result.
is it most likely to be the lock, wiring, or main board
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

This is most likely to the lock mechanism, its probably sensing the door is closed, then activating the lock (which doesnt fully engage) and then throws an error.

It may be another sensor causing the issue, buts its unlikely to be the main PCB, are any error codes shown on the display?

Please let me know if you need anything clarified.

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no there are no error codes. the lcd just appears to reset and it tries again.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

This would suggest a door lock fault then, if there was a sensor failure it would most certainly generate a error code.

A replacement door lock would be around £15 in parts, its not an overly complicated part to change however if you would like me to recommend an engineer to replace this for you please provide your post code.

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thankyou. I've watched a espares video on it..... looks simple enough.thanks again.