Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

The spark on one of the burners on my Electrolux hob is

Customer Question

The spark on one of the burners on my Electrolux hob is sparking continuously. I need to know how to stop it.
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Hi Im sorry to hear that.

The only way to stop it is by removing the wires from that burners control knob.

Or turning off the main breaker for the hob for now. Make sure the breaker in the mains box is OFF before doing this work.

The problem is that the control knob has a switch on the back of it that is shorted(stuck in the ignite position internally).

This should really be fixed by a gas professional. But if you are handy and have the tools, you could replace this part safely with my assistance.

The best place to get that part is : http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/

Its best to call them to order this part, you may need to buy the whole control knob if the dont sell just the switch, but thats still not very expensive ;-)

Please call Ransom Spares: 0844(###) ###-####a href="http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/" target="_blank">Home » Parts » Kitchen Spares » Cookers & Hobs » Electrolux

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great week!

Sincerely

Tech Michael