Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Samsung RSH1DBBP1/XEU American Fridge Freezer. Can

Hello!
I have a Samsung RSH1DBBP1/XEU American Fridge Freezer.
Can anyone tell me where I can source the brass compression nut that you connect the water pipe to the Water Solenoid please?
Dawson
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dawson,

Yes many hardware stores carry this part, its a standard part used in many models and makes;-)

Also if you need an online source to order that part this is the best site they will sip that the same day you call;-)

Please visit: http://www.espares.co.uk/

But I would just call them to order this part, they will know exactly what you need.

Please call Espares: 0844 9777 888.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day Dawson!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael
I have just spoken to them and they say that you cannot order the nut itself, but have to order a whole Water Solenoid. Do you know where I can just source the nut itself?
Dawson
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dawson, do you need the nut or the Ferrell compression fitting?

They sell these as standard parts in most hardware stores. You will need to bring in your solenoid so they can match something up for you that will work so you dont need to buy a new solenoid.

If you have a large store like a Home Depot or something like that near you they will have something to make this connection.

I have been in plumbing and fridge repair for over 30 years so I am pretty sure of this ;-)

Let me know what the hardware store says?

Thanks Dawson.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks MichaelGood question, the Water Soleniod has the nipple presented on a brass thread. Is looks like the water pipe would thread through the compression nut and "plug" onto the nipple, then the compression nut would tighten to hold the whole thing in place/stop leaks. Does that sound about right or would there be another "part" I am missing?I will find a local hardware store near Uxbridge and see if they have the right bit.Thank you for your help.Dawson
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll send you an image of the unit to be sure.... hang on a mo...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here you go...
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi thanks for that, yes Im pretty sure they will have an adapter for that as it looks pretty standard.

I dont think you would need a whole new solenoid kit for that hook up.

Here in the states we dont and most of the stuff available to us is also there as well ;-)

Same companies too lol.

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks MikeAppreciate your help.I have to run, so have a great day.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Please rate my service kindly.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael