JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I bought a brand new water inlet valve for my essentials

I bought a brand new water inlet valve for my essentials c100wm10 washing machine cause the machine is not letting water in and before installing it i carried out an continuity check with zero results on my voltage meter i thought all water inlet solenoids worked the same way and that by touching both terminals with the probes and having it set at 200 OHMS i should have had a resistance reading but no does this mean i have been sent a faulty part
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Set the meter to 2000Ohms and retest, most solenoids I have come across have a resistance above 500 ohms.

If your still getting open circuit on a 2000 ohm scale, then yes this would suggest the part you have been sent is faulty.