Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Of 21 Clipsham Rise Trowbridge Wiltshire BA149DG. Last night

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** of 21 Clipsham Rise Trowbridge Wiltshire BA149DG. Last night went up to my bedroom to watch my Samsung UE48H8000 which I purchased on the 15 May 2015 but was not delivered for a further week to my old address 2 Orchard Cottages, Tangley Andover Hants SP110SH.
So I switched it on and the sound/audio came out but no picture. So I switched it off switched it on still nothing. I then unplugged it and plugged it all back in nothing. This morning switched on again there was audio but no picture.
I then unplugged the TV and took it down stairs and unplugged the tv there which the picture and sound work I then plugged mine in still sound no picture. I am at a loss as to what to do can you help me I purchased the TV from PC World Currys at Hedge End Southampton SO302UH. The model number UE48H8000ST. Many thanks
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Firstly we need to diagnose the fault before taking it back to Currys.

I would start by removing any unnecessary cables (HDMI etc), so you are left with just the power supply and coax cable.

Turn the TV on, and check your getting sound.

Using the source button on the remote see if you get anything showing in the top corners of the TV to indicate what source you are connected to, and check when pressing the remote the standby light flashes.

Secondly press the menu button and see if anything is displayed.

Please let me know the outcome of these troubleshooting steps.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and check if you required any further assistance?

Many thanksJames