Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a brand new Siemens glass hob but when I switch on,

Customer Question

I have a brand new Siemens glass hob but when I switch on, select the hob and the temperature it doesn't start as the temperature number flicks and doesn't set? then it switches off? I don't think it's an induction hob? How would I know? instructions mentions induction but photo on the cover is not my hob? it definitely not the size of pan as instructions suggest? I've been in my flat for 2 days and not able to cook....
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear your having issues with your new appliance.

Most manual cover a range of hobs, eg a 3,4 and 5 hot plate option would all be under one manual and hence why you may have a slightly different image.

The only way to tell you have the correct model is to check the label on the button of the hob, which depending on your kitchen setup may mean you have to remove the oven to see it.

However before pulling your new kitchen apart if you can provide me the model number on the manual, upload a picture of it here, and post the link to the picture, I can try and match up \ verify the model for you.

With regard to the fault, this may be a hardware issue, or it may just be the unit wasnt correctly installed and needs to be configured, to understand which type of fault it is, can you advise what is shown on the display when you turn it on (before it switches itself off - if you can capture that in the picture all the better).

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and check if you required any further assistance?

Many thanksJames