JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Ferroli Modena 102. Serviced every year and been

I have a Ferroli Modena 102 . Serviced every year and been working fine. However in the last few days with the heating off and hot water only requested I am not getting any hot water. When I put the heating on the hot water works fine. My usual plumber who services my boiler is away on holiday. This has happened ocassionally in the past but has always sorted itself . can you help? Can I do anything ?. i think I am doing everything the instruction book says .
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Sorry to hear your having issues with your boiler, I have attached the fault finding diagram for the hot water system which you may find useful in future.

Can you confirm on the boiler which of the LEDs are shown when you run the hot water tap, and if any are flashing.

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Only the green light saying the electric power is on. Nothing else. is lighting up.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i have just turned the heating on and I am getting hot water. Although the symbol for domestic hot water circuit is not showing green. With the heating on Burner indicator and central heating systems light are on.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

It sounds like a hardware failure to me, to confirm you do not have an immersion tank, and 'normally' when you turn on the tap the boiler fires up and you get hot water within a few seconds of the tap running?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Actually now I have just turned heating off and hot water coming through. Still no green light though to say domestic hot water on. Maybe it just jerked something . I have turned the temperature of the hot water up as well. I will have to wait a while to see if it is still working.
yes that is right. Actually it seems to be working now strangely enough. I have left a message with my usual plumber who is coming tround when he gets back from holiday next week so maybe he can find a problem as you say with hardware.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please do not sign me up for anything else as I have my plumber and a handyman who deals with all my repairs here in the village. This was just an emergency which seems to have sorted itself out. Thankyou thought for your help.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

No problem please rate the service received so I can close the case, and ill make sure customer services aware you do not want to subscribe to further questions.