JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a fridge freezer, model no KG57U95/18. The freezer

Customer Question

I have a fridge freezer, model no KG57U95/18.
The freezer compartment is working ok but the fridge compartment is not being cooled.
When I set the freezer control to zero, the fan and compressor stop regardless of the position of the fridge controller.
My assumption from that would be that either the temperature controller or the temp sensor is not working correctly.
Any guidance on how to test the functionality of these devices would be welcome.
Alan
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
After looking into the problem, it appears that there is no cold air entering the fridge from the freezer side. The top internal section of the fridge was removed, the vent flap to the fridge is open but no frigid air is entering via the side entry vent from the freezer compartment.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Hi Alan,

The best thing to do is rule out a thermostat problem by enabling super freeze (press the super button), this will place the fridge and freezer in a constant cooling mode. If the fridge doesnt drop in temp it suggests the fault is not related to the thermostat.

Based on experience (we get these faults 2-3 times a week), the cooling duct between the freezer and the fridge is blocked with ice, the best option is to defrost the fridge and freezer, I would also remove the rear panel in the fridge and see if you can visually inspect the duct which the fan draws the coolant from.

I have attached a exploded diagram so you can see the components which make up the appliance