JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Zanussi ZDC67550W Electronic Sensor Dryer. Stopped working.

Zanussi ZDC67550W Electronic Sensor Dryer. Stopped working. Tries to start, making a loud humming sound. Clicking noise then tries again, hums for couple of seconds, tries to start, hums mots clicking noises. Slight burning smell.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.
Can you advise what's shown on the display, and if any lights are flashing.
It sounds like the motor have have failed but would suggest we do some troubleshooting first before looking to replace parts
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Only light showing is the "Drying" light which is constant.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

This sounds like a hardware fault, most likely the motor, it will require an engineer to come out and strip it down and test the components.

If you would like me to recommend a repair centre, please provide your post code.

James

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
LE60ER
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

I have referred other customers in your area to DR Electricals, and always had positive feedback from customers who have used them.

They can be contacted on 0116(###) ###-####or 01509 272039

James

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If we decide to go for a new condenser dryer are there any to avoid?
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

The Siemens and Bosch seem to be the ones I see most issues for, and the replacement parts are more expensive than others.

However by in large non of the appliances are made to last these days, I would really look at the price of the appliance against how sturdy the door is to get a feel for quality.