JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have just reconnected my zannusi zcv661mwc and all works

Customer Question

Hello, I have just reconnected my zannusi zcv661mwc and all works except as soon as the main oven switch gets to the 'defrost' setting it trips the house electrics. Can you advise what we can check please?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

The next step would be to strip the oven down.

Using a multi meter check the wiring harness continuity, this sounds like a earth leakage fault, most likely the hardware component are fault is the control knob, but it could just as easily be the thermostat.

With the power off, I would set the control knob to Fan or Grill, then turn the power on and see if it trips, as it may just by the defrost setting which has failed.

If you would like me to recommend an engineer strip the unit down for you please provide your postcode.

James