JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Zanussi machine Electrolux ZWF1621W for a while it

Customer Question

Hi I have a Zanussi machine Electrolux ZWF1621W for a while it has not taken the fabric conditioner despite cleaning the drawers really thoroughly and now it has started not spinning the machine was bought new in 2007 can you advise what the problem could be and if it is worth fixing or ditching. If it was financially viable to fix super if it is not worth it then please advise
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

You will probably find the conditioner is due to a blocked vent, which is above the where the draw sits, when cleaning out the draw did you remove it and clear the upper inside where there are the water outlets which fill up each compartment?

If this has been cleaned its likley the valve has failed which controls the water flow the outlet, which is around a £20 part.

The spinning problem could be a costly problem, does it even start to spin or rotate the drum when its in rinse?

If the drum moves as part of the rinse and wash cycle then it rules out the motor, belt and electrics, so this would likely be the sensor which measures the speed of the spin, which is around £40.

Can you advise what is shown on the display, and what lights are flashing as this may help identify the specific faulty component.

James