JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

The problem I have is my HOOVER DYN9144DG8 washing machine

Hi there.
The problem I have is my HOOVER DYN9144DG8 washing machine stops mid cycle on certain programmes displaying E03 Code.
I have removed pumps & tested cleaned out filter checked hoses & refitted. Pumps work fine on rinse spin drain & rapid programmes but not on cottons & coloureds. When E03 code is present after stopping mid cycle there is water left in drum as the code indicates.
Is it possible this is & fault with PCB or INVENSYS programmed control as we have had intermittent same faults in the past?
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: Washing machine details: HOOVER DYN9144DG8/1-80 3100541314090044 9kg 1400RPM VISION DYNAMIC
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

If your happy the pump is fully functional, the waste pipe isnt blocked, the drain is clear then this could either be an issue with the wiring harness (a lose pin connection, would explain why its intermittent), or a fault PCB.

Checking the continuity of the harness while you wiggle it should show any potential fault, however based on experience I think your looking at a faulty PCB.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi James
The PCB you refer to is it the one behind the switch/display console which has 4-pin blue wire plug (To main control) & a 2-pin white & black wire plug (From programme dial)? Or do mean the main INVENSYS control which is mounted in L/H Rear corner presumably with a PCB within?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

The programmer doesnt sound like its at fault, it the Invensys control board which handles inputs and outputs, and will be throwing the error.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Questions answered!
Mick