Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Please help my Hotpoint SY86P has gone mad! it keeps

Please help my Hotpoint SY86P has gone mad ! it keeps beeping, turning on and changing the set temperature !
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• Turn the power off at the mains for at least 30 minutes to reset the electronics. Does normal behavior restore after turning back on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I tried this.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. So it turns itself on and has erratic functions being changed on the display?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it beeps inconsistently, warms up whilst in the 0 position and if I turn it to 180 it goes back to 210 on its own ! please help I cant afford a new one
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The main control PCB is faulty and will need to be replaced. The way it is now may be dangerous if it is turning itself on. Are you able to replace that part yourself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is a pcb ? control board, If I can get the part I should be able too I think
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the main electronic control board. That part is available below!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does not include EEPROM chip, do I need one of these too ? and do you think it is easy enough to change ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The EEPROM chip may be removed from your existing control, it just plugs in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh ok, thank you very much for your help and I will let you know if it works :-)
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good, thank you!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. Thank you so much!