JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My DeLonghi PAC T110P portable Air con unit has suddenly

Customer Question

Hi my DeLonghi PAC T110P portable Air con unit has suddenly started being really noisy I have to turn it off at the mains to stop the noise, it does seem to be working ok apart from the loud noise.
Expert:  JamesI replied 12 months ago.

What kind of noise is it, is it squeaking, a grating noise, high or low pitch, and is it continuous or intermittent?

There are a number of reasons the most likely issue is the fan\motor drive shaft.

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi James, its a continuous loud noise which kicks in now and again, also it randomly comes on if left plugged in.
Jackie
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Hi Jackie,

If it comes on when on in standby this is probably a faulty button on the control panel, the loud noise is most likely a bearing in the motor which is starting to fail.

This isnt something you would be able to fix yourself, and would suggest you take it to an approved service centre, you can find your nearest one by clicker here.

The noise will get louder as the fault develops and due to the nature of the fault I would be reluctant to leave the unit on unsupervised, as if left could become a fire hazard.

Please let me know if you need anything clarified.

James