JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Bosch Logixx dishwasher model SPS59L 12GB which

Hi. I have a Bosch Logixx dishwasher model SPS59L 12GB which keeps displaying 'E14 Check Water' . I have tried tipping it back to drain of any excess (following the instructions in a previous answer) and ran a short prewash programme to see if that had cleared the problem. At first the check water button went off, but has come back on again at the end. Do you have any other suggestions for fixes that I could attempt at home? Do I need to get an engineer in - I hope not! Hope you can help.
***** *****
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Doug,

This is a hardware fault, my guess is its the flow sensor which measures the amount of water let in to the dishwasher.

If your happy to take the dishwasher apart you can replace the flow sensor yourself, otherwise if you provide you postcode I can recommend a suitable engineer to replace the part for you.

To understand what would be required please have a look at the video here.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi James. Thanks for that information. The video was very clear but made me realise that on this occasion I should leave it to a professional, particularly as I have discovered it is still under warranty (I didn't realise this when I made my original request, good old ***** ***** give you 2 years, rather than the usual 1). Had it been a quick easy fix I might have risked having a go, but as it entails taking it apart and probably having to buy a new part, it's not worth the hassle. Let a Bosch engineer deal with it for free!
Thanks once again for your time and prompt reply.
***** *****
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

No problem Doug, appreciate if you can rate the service received today so I can close this case off.

Cheers

James