Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

We've cleaned the central filter area but the dishwasher

Customer Question

We've cleaned the central filter area but the dishwasher won't drain (after 5 years of working perfectly). There was a piece of glass at the bottom filter which has now been removed. We've tried to reset but each time we manually empty the water out and try it again, it just fills with water and doesn't drain and the bi directional arrow light has come on too
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Can you please provide the model number of your dishwasher.

It sounds like the pump has failed, to better understand I need to check your dishwasher spec, and I can then see if there is any troubleshooting we can perform.

James

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Type SD11XT1F
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

From looking at the spec of dishwasher there isnt a overflow sensor to hand so you cant force the washer to activate the pump.

I would open the washer door and tip a few buckets of water into the washer (with it switched on) to the point where the water is high but not overflowing past the door. The pump you then start by itself and drain the water, if this doesnt happen it proves the pump is at fault.

If you can hear it start but the water doesnt move it suggests blocked drain or drainage pipe.

Assuming the pump doesnt start it means the pump needs replacing.

Please let me know how you get on.