JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Have defrosted fridge freezer,but have punctured a small

Customer Question

have defrosted fridge freezer,but have punctured a small hole and gas leaking out,have switched off,can puncture be repaired?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, sorry for the delay in responding.

Firstly the gas which has expelled is poisonous, so please ensure you wash any parts of your body which has come into contact with the gas, and ensure the room is well vented, if you feel ill please contact NHS24.

In terms of fixing the issue its a costly repair, I would try and find a company which is prepared to offer a fixed price such as here, unfortunately this is not a fix a consumer can do, as refrigeration gas is only sold under licence.

James