Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Hoover DYN 8164 machine. It is 3 years old. When I

Hello I have a Hoover DYN 8164 machine. It is 3 years old. When I close the door, select a programme and press start, the door lock sign keeps flashing and the programme does not start. Any thoughts please?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Please unplug your washer for 30 full minutes, then you can plug it back in. The reason for this step is so I can be sure exactly what is wrong.

Please let me know if the washer gives an error (lights before you actually turn it on, or if you need to turn it on before the trouble beging?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turned machine off for 30 mins. No error messages when I turned it back on. Fault same as before - lock light flashing and cycle wont start.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information. on this one unfortunately the main control board has failed.

Its easy to replace that board and there is no soldering required;-)

Its just some plug in connectors to the main control board.

I would take a few pics of their location before removing any of the wires so you knwo exactly where they go back on to the board.

The best place to order that board is: http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/

I would call them to order this part so you can be sure they send you the correct one.

Tell them also you want a new board that has a preprogrammed PROM IC.

Please call ransom spares: 0844(###) ###-####a href="http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/" target="_blank">Home » Parts » Laundry Spares » Washing Machines » Hoover

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael