Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Our fridge freezer has stopped getting cold - it had

Our fridge freezer has stopped getting cold - it had defrosted over night we switched it off for a while have put it back on but it is not getting cold - it's a DXD910 rangemaster
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Is there any heavy frost on the rear wall inside the freezer section?

Also how old is your fridge approximately?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No frost before the freezer defrosted - it's about 4 years old
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for that info.

I need to know if the compressor is running . To find that out, I will need you to remove the cover behind the fridge/freezer.

In there you should see a large black ball, it should feel warm to fairly hot if it is running.

Please let me know on that so we can continue.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Apologies - had to wait for hubby to get in to move the thing ! He says it feels warm
It had been making noises as if it was trying to make ice but that stopped earlier - it just isn't getting cooler at all
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for that.

This problem is likley the main control board or the thermistor. More than likely this is going to need a a new start relay on the compressor as well as the main control board on the back of your fridge.

Both parts are super easy to replace and I will help you once you have them. The board is a little pricey though so you may choose not to replace that but to replace the fridge?

Please let me know on that?

The best place to get these two parts is: http://www.espares.co.uk/browse/ma2322/rangemaster

Its best to call to order these parts to get up to date pricing and availability. Also if you call to order he parts they usually ship them to you the same day or next day;-)

Please call espares: 0844 9777 888 .

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael