Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have fridge freezer whirlpool and two ed lights appearing

Customer Question

I have fridge freezer whirlpool and two ed lights appearing on display - warning ! Sign and plug sign. Fridge isn't that cold and a lot of food has to b dumped etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Two red lights!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. Unplug the refrigerator for about 15 minutes, does the behavior change when plugged back in?
  2. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section?
  3. Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?
  4. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No frost appearing on inside wall. Freezer part working no bother but fridge no. Model number is ***** a plus n. There is a noise
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because it's built in I cannot unplug it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a fan noise coming from freezer
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to remove the rear wall from inside the freezer to see if there is frost on the coil behind it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not coming away for me at all. Took out two screws and can't move it
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Does it seem to be frozen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could b
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I'm hopeless but I can't lift the back of it off
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a hair dryer you could use to heat it a bit and see what happens? It is important to get a look behind that panel.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You could turn it off for 24 hours with the doors open and then see what happens. If the cooling restores, we would know it is an air flow issue caused by a lack of defrost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even though it's frost free range? When I leave doors open the alarm goes off. It's a sixth sense
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, if it is not cooling in the refrigerator but okay in the freezer, there is something blocking the air flow.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank u! U must think I'm some eejit
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Not at all! That is why I love my job, I love helping people to learn!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It would be best to turn the power off at the mains if you can't unplug it to let the electronics reset and it thaw, though.