George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

After a powercut 2 days ago today i have noticed my fridge

Customer Question

Hi after a powercut 2 days ago today i have noticed my fridge freezer is not freezong or chilling food etc .the interior light is on but its not chilling/freezing ? I turned dial to 1 and then periodically turned up to 7 atill no good
Its not very old and dont understand what it could be ? What number should the dial be on as ive forgotten now what it was on?
Im going to off at mains for an hour to try and reboot other than that im lost
Ive had to throw all food away as its all defrosted and ruined
Please can you advise ??
Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.
If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:
1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.
2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.
The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)
3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)
I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the Full model # of your fridge?

Also I will need you to remove the rear cover at the bottom back of the fridge so you can let me knwo if the compressor is running, I suspect not.

The compressor is a black ball looking part it shoudl be warm to hot to the touch.

Tech Michael

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 months ago.

Hello Deb, my name is ***** ***** I am a UK engineer,

Please give the Brand and Model of the appliance in question

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi my model is Lec
Ts55174wtt

Hello Deb,

On that appliance the higher the number the cooler the appliance .. so 1 is low and 6 is high.

How long have you had the appliance?

Prior to the power failure was any problem noticed with the appliance?

Have you checked the fuse in the plug on the appliance?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi no problems previously at all ok ill turn to 7 and hope for the best
Aargh
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It appears to be as dead as a dormouse
Interior light on but no humming noise etc black compresser cold to touch ?

Yes, there being a light on inside means that the fuse is ok, however, when you turn the appliance back on let me know if the compressor at the rear starts-up or not..

If it starts, let me know if after 15-20 mins the compressor gets hot

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thankyou
I have to go to work in half an hour
But ive turned back on and set dial to 7 the highest setting

Have a look on the label o the inside of the fridge and let me know the product code

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There isnt one ?

There isn't a label or a product code?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No cant find one

When you switched the appliance back on, was there a click at the compressor?

I have found the product number for the appliance and hence got the wiring diagram I needed..

Let me know when you are back from work and want to continue.