Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

The compressor in my LG GR-T582GVA runs excessively. the

Customer Question

the compressor in my LG GR-T582GVA runs excessively. the freezer is OK but the fridge compartment remains at +8dC. is this a fault and how can it be fixed?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Is there any excess frost or ice on the rear wall of the freezer inside?

Also how old is your fridge?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no visible icing anywhere: have tried one day of thawing in case ducts blocked but no positive benefit. believe machine dates dates from 2001
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that information.

On this one, please check to see if the air vent(servo controlled) is opening and closing or if it seems almost closed all the time no matter where you set the fridge temp.

Usually this is the cause for your problem considering the defrost system and the cooling in the freezer is fine.

More than likley you will need to replace that vent and its door motor, it all comes as a one piece unit that plugs in, pretty easy to replace as well;-)

The best place to get that air gate as I call it is: http://www.4lg.co.uk/

Once you have the part, and if you have rated my service kindly, you will be able to re connect with me for 30 days so we can get this problem solved quickly.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
brilliant, Michael. best idea so far. now to check out that web page and find out how to access it! am pretty handy with most things so am hopeful. really appreciate your rapid response and will rate accordingly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
part not listed!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how to access the old one? - cleaning may solve problem. behind which panel?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the old one has a plastic cover that basically pops off from inside the fridge section then you can remove the old one;-)

I would really wait til you have the new one so you can see wherre the plastic clips are exactly so you dont break any of them lol.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to rate kind.

Once you do, you will have access to me for 30 days.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have dismantled the ducting housing (no clips, only tape) and found the very simple expansion bulb-controlled-damper which was apparently not opening fully. it is marked part no J771-00017C and dated 01-11.02. there is an adjusting screw on the mechanical closing mechanism, will attempt to adjust.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi yes thats it. you may be able to adjust it bit usually that is set correctly at the factory and no further adjustments are required.

So if its not working it needs to be replaced, unless for now at least if you can open it a bit more your food wont spoil;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
gas tube and bellows appear undamaged but have identified part on 4LG and ordered new but not exstock! we shall see. am better off now than this morning having consulted several others. so very many thanks.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Your very welcome ;-)

Tech Mike