Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an integrated Neff dishwasher (approx. 4yrs old)

Customer Question

Hi, I have an integrated Neff dishwasher (approx. 4yrs old) S51E50X10G and yesterday it seemed finished its wash as there was no water in the machine and the door was closed but it was making a noise, as if the pump was still draining. I opened the door and the red tap light was flashing. I poured a washing up bowl of water into the bottom of the machine and it drained and the noise went off...it came back on 10/15 secs later.
I would also add that I cannot switch the machine off by the button I have to use the mains!
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I am sorry to hear that.

This is a failed water inlet solenoid(electrical water valve).

It is an easy part to replace if you are a little handy and have a just a few basic hand tools.

I will help you all the way through this.

The new one comes with good easy to read instructions. The reason you couldn't turn it off more than likley is because the machine knows the cycles weren't running properly.

The best place to get that new water solenoid is : http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/

I would call them to order this part: Please call: Ransom Spares: 0844(###) ###-####

Once you have the part please also let me know so I can assist you;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi,they are quoting me £89.30 but it does not come with instructions, does this sound ok? Also, am I charged per question to you?
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi Yes thats about right.

But tell them you need the fittings as well, so it is easy to install.

As far as you and I go, no you were charged only one time and they will not charge you anymore that that no matter how much help you need from me ;-)

But please rate kindly now, so I can remain with you for that.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Michael, thanks for the info. Ransoms have said that the part is the box which is not inside the dishwasher, it is connected to the inlet hose just after the mains water pipe? Is this correct? If so I will not need instructions because it looks like a simple screw off and screw on??
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi yes, its underneath the dishwasher, and it connects the water supply to the dishwasher.

Once you have the part, please write to me and I will explain the whole proceedure as you make the repair ;-)

Please rate kindly at this time if you haven't already so I can add you to my priority list

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Michael, I will certainly rate you well. Just to clarify, the item they are offering is no where near the dishwasher. It is under the sink at the end of the water inlet hose?
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi, yes that part is under the dishwasher. Also your dishwasher came with one;-)

It connects to the water line and plugs into the dishwasher so the dishwasher can turn the water On and OFF as needed ;-)

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Michael
Can these be repaired?
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi no you cant fix that part unfortunately. They are replaceable part. What happens is that minerals in the water will eventually clog the insides so much that they cant operate correctly if at all. Also there is a coil inside that part that burns out as well so you really just need to replace it.

I wish I had better news for you I really do but you will need that part.

Tech Michael