Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have a 2-week old smeg wmf916auk washing machine. Error

Hi. We have a 2-week old smeg wmf916auk washing machine. Error code E12 has displayed today. I mistakenly used liquid detergent pre wash in the pre wash drawer for the first time during the last successful was yesterday evening. Will this be the reason for today's problems? Can it be fixed?
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Hi Im sorry to hear that.

This error unfortunately is not likley caused by your mistake with the detergent.

caused by be main PCB as well as the motor tach signals are not being correctly read by the controller.

• Check motor
  • Check motor tacho
  • Check all connections and blocks to the motor
  • Check connections on the main control module
  • Check main control module
  • Since this one is so new, and I know this machine well, serviced many of them myself, you likley have a bad main control board or sensor. But since your machine is so new, you can call the store of purchase for a new machine.
  • If they wont help you will need to contact Smeg using the phone contact information int he user manual and on the warranty card.
  • I wish I had better news fro you on this, I really do. But electronics can fail at any time without warning, its just their nature. I did some research and found no known wide spread issue with this model and year, so you can get an exact replacement with no worries, it was likley just a freak thing that happened to that one.
  • But what you can try first is unplug the washer for 30 full minutes then re plug it in and try again, if that solves the issue, Great! as it may if it was just an electric glitch in the machines computer circuits. If that doesn't work, please follow the above advice for a resolution to this issue, Also I wouldn't mention the detergent mistake at all to the store because they will look for any excuse to not help ;-)
  • In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Very many thanks for your friendly and pragmatic technical advice, Michael!
The longer shot power switch off attempt has not resolved the error code appearing, so I will get onto ao.com/Smeg right away!
Have a great rest of day,
Steph