Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

The lid release on my kettle does not work although it is

Customer Question

The lid release on my kettle does not work although it is only a few months old, what can I do to get it repaired?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the full model # of your Kettle?

Also what is the problem with the lid?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When I depress the lid release nothing happens, the release no longer works. I now have to fill the kettle through the spout, which I don't like.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The model no. is TWK88103GB/02
Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for that information.

Since your kettle is so new it is still fully covered under its original warranty;-)

You need to contact Bosch using the contact phone information in your user manual and on your warranty card for repair or replacement.

I would tell them you simply want a replacement since it is so new and it already is broken.

They are really good about this usually and will send you a new kettle or a voucher for a new one that you can use to pick up another kettle;-)

Also unfortunately they are the only ones who can and would fix these kettles.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I could have thought that one out for myself. I rang Bocsh earlier and they recommended I call you, so all in all I have wasted a lot of time and £27 for nothing .I shall go to Sainsbury and buy a new one, if there are any complaints with their merchandise it is fixed to your satisfaction immediately. I am most disappointed.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Hi I am just an independent technician,

I give the best advice and exactly what I would do in this situation. And yes your kettle is still fully covered, why would you pay for a repair on something that is still fully covered?

They owe you a new kettle is all;-)

You need to tell them about the age of your kettle and that you simply want a replacement since it broke so soon.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

I really do wish I had better news for you, really.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Please rate my service kindly before you go, its the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Thank you and I wish your all the best of luck with your kettle or a new one if you choose to not mkae them replace it free as they will if you call them and tell them you want a new one.

Sincerely

Tech Michael