Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an Ec850M De Longhi coffee machine which has stopped

Customer Question

I have an Ec850M De Longhi coffee machine which has stopped working. When I try to just send water through it leaks out of the bottom. Any idea what is the matter and if it is repairable (I bought it with money left to me by my mother so it also has sentimental value).
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Hi I am Tech Michael,

I will be assisting you today.

How old is your coffee machine?

Also does it leak before you set it to run? Or does it leak only when it is brewing?

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I bought it September 2013. It only leaks when brewing.
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for that information.

This is a leak somewhere between the brew unit and the end tube.

You will need to open this one up to watch it so you can determine where it is leaking.

Its likley just a tube or an electrical valve. Both are easy to replace if you are handy and have a few basic hand tools.

I will help you all the way.

It costs quite a bit to send it in for this repair so its best if you can do that one.

Once you let me knwo what part is leaking, I will tell you the best place to get that part and install it.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not have time at the moment to take it apart. Happy to do this tomorrow after 3. Can I get back to you then and work through it?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What tools will I need? Just a small screwdriver?
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Hi that woudl be fine, time wise but please rate my service before you go today so I can remain with you until then, no additional cost for that;-)

You will need screwdrivers, pliers and needle nose pliers and that should be all to get it apart enough to see the leaking part. Once You can tell me where the water is leaking I will let you know the best place to get that part and help with the replacement. I will be here tomorrow;-)

Thank you and have a great night.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks��
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Your welcome, also if you can take a pic of the inside when you get it apart, that will help as well.

You can send the pic(s) here to me.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Michael
Sorry I didn't get back to you. Life is hectic and school starts tomorrow. You said it would be expensive to send this to get fixed. Any idea how expensive and also who could do it? Could you?