Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Samsung Fridge Freezer Clicking and not working

Customer Question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung Fridge Freezer RL58GPEIH stopped working and makes a clicking sound
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Fridge?

Also can you tell me where the clicking is coming from approx?

Also is it cooling at all?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fridge is only 14 months old, clicking is coming from top of fridge. When try to power back on front display tries to light up while clicking sound continues then just goes blank. No interior light, no compressor working, just dead
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that info. This is either a bad compressor or a bad control board.

It sounds more like the control board to me and I have serviced many of these myself.

Check your warranty because a lot of these have a two year warranty if you buy it new.

Depends on where you got it as well.

I would call Samsung on this, they may cover the repair , its best to use the contact phone # in the user guide, and its also on the warranty card to find out if you need to pay for the parts.

If they wont cover this I will help you with where to get the part, and help with the replacement if its just the control board in the back of the fridge.

If it is the compressor, that is something you can not do by law.

Also you would need Freon which is not available to the general public ;-(

But this really sounds like the main control board. It is located behind the fridge under an access panel.

Let me know on the warranty?

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The control board is on top of the fridge and there are three. Checked the circuit boards but no sign of any damage. Which one would need replacing?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Im not talking about the ones in the front are you referring to the boards in front?

Those aren't the issue, even though the clicking is coming from there.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi there should be one behind the fridge under an square access panel. Let me know if you see that?

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

If yours doesn't have one on the back, I may have the incorrect model #?

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

The site I use has been acting up today sorry if I was incorrect on that. It shoudl be working better tomorrow, which is also when I will be back.

Thank you for your patience. But check the warranty first ;-)

Have a great night.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No boards in the bottom only compressor and fan.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting for a decent answer as the original person supplied the wrong information of the location for the PCB, even thought I supplied the relevant details.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,