canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Can I fit an insinkerator model A46 to my new Franke model

Can I fit an insinkerator model A46 to my new Franke model SPX651
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today.

I see that you had requested a phone call. We could certainly discuss over the phone or continue in the chat by text. If you would like to do the phone conversation just accept the offer and I will enter my contact info.

I guess we have not been online at the same time and we are likely in very different time zones. It is 515pm here now and i will be back online in about 7 hours. If you would like to do the phone call then that would work out well. I have a bit to tell you and it will be easier with some back and forth conversation for sure. Here is what I would want to discuss: if the drain piping is coming out of the wall and not out of the floor there may be an issue with the height of the pipe. The pipe may end up being too high to connect the disposal. I am assuming that you are replacing an older sink with a new sink and also assuming that the new sink is deeper than the old one. I am also assuming that you did not have a disposal on the old sink. The deeper sink makes the drain lower and also a disposal makes the drain lower which could both cause the sink drain to be too low to connect to the outlet drain. If the drain pipe goes into the floor then nothing to worry about. It can be lowered to suit the new attachments. The disposal will certainly fit on the Franke sink but these items may make it a bit hard to connect to the existing piping.