Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an AEG tumble dryer T59840 The drum is going round

I have an AEG tumble dryer T59840 The drum is going round and getting warm but the clothes are not drying. We have had a new pump fitted and have cleaned out the filters and inside the machine, any suggestions as to what might be the cause?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

If the dryer is getting warm but not drying the clothes then its possibley a blocked condenser chamber. As im not sure if you know this is a heat pump dryer so it uses a compressor instead of a heater to generate heat in there.

This is very common on these older heat pump dryers. On there are 3 condenser units in the base. It gets blocked up in the middle so it doesnt cool probberly as its trying to pump the gas around.

Now what we do on these is replace the base unit but thats a very expensive repair and isnt even worth messing with on a 10 year old dryer.

Now if you are handy at doing repairs one thing you can try is fully strip the dryer down.

You need to remove everything so you are left with the compressor and system in the plastic base panel.

From there you will be able to see the 3 condenser units.

Take it outside and get a hose pipe and blast it through the condensers from front to back and try and clear it all out from there. Ive only done it once as its a major job but it did work.

Once its all clear rebuild it up again and retry it and see how it goes from there. There is a good chance that could work as blocked condensers are a problem on these older models so if everything else is working then its a good chance its a blocked condenser unit.

But as i said this is a major strip down. I do have the service manaul for this, If you want it to help you strip the dryer down.