George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius FDM550 dishwasher. During

Hi - I have a Hotpoint Aquarius FDM550 dishwasher. During renovations, we moved it out of the kitchen (put it on a proper wheeled dolly, didn't manhandle it about too much), but now it's back in place, it won't start. Salt & rinse aid lights are solid red, plus the Wash light and Start light are solid (LED's 1 & 4 from what I can see online). Suggestion is a software or EEPROM error. I'd try reseating the chip if I knew where to find it.
Any ideas?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

LED 1 & 4 Module recognition error.
• Check edge connections and wiring.
• Reprogramme the EEPROM file.
• Replace module or display as required

This board does not have a physically replaceable Eeprom.
Programming Access Panel - situated beneath the Dishwasher Door.
.

Programming a Module:
There are a number of ways the board can be programmed - some of which are not applicable to certain markets.

A Smart Reader & Smart Card will be needed if reprogramming is to take place. Use a small flat bladed screwdriver to release the panel.
The Smart Card this card holds the EEPROM program file and can only be used ONCE.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George - programming access panel doesn't seem to be below the dishwasher door on mine. There is a panel there, but it just pops off, no hinge, and it just looks like a purely cosmetic plastic plate?

You have a square base to that appliance that goes all the way up at the front to the base of the door. The module is behind the front of that square panel .. You will see the programming access port cover in-front of the module.

I have seen one of them before a few weeks ago, but the info I've given you in the diagram above is directly out of the service manual.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope. I have a panel about 3 inches deep that pops off (well, the left side did anyway - right is stuck). No hinge, nothing behind it that I can see. I've attached some photos - the little circular thing is all I can see behind it.

Above the adjustment

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, found it, but there is no way of releasing that panel in situ. Are we expected to have the front door off or something? 'Cause that's not happening. I just wanted to see if a simple connection had come loose somewhere, not have to dismantle the whole machine.

Lay the appliance on its back

Front Access Flap
1. Remove 2 securing screws
2. Release 2 locking Clips
3. Carefully open Flap releasing wiring harness from top edge.
Note: (The Control Module is attached to the flap)
4. When refitting be careful not to trap any wires.

I would appreciate a reciprocation of the assistance I have given you; you can do this by taking the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page.