Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an AEG U7101-4 double oven which stopped heating the

Customer Question

Hello, I have an AEG U7101-4 double oven which stopped heating the main fan oven. Have checked the following: Clock is set OK, main fan in rear of oven is running, lights are on and thermostat light is lit. The fan oven element is ok (have replaced it and checked with an ohm meter). Replaced the thermostat (no change). Removed back panel and confirmed 0v across fan oven element when it should be heating up. Checked thermal cutout accessible when rear panel removed and ok (0 ohm). Checked thermal cutouts in top right side of oven and ok. Run out of ideas as I don't have a wiring diagram. Any help welcome!
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

If the main oven isnt heating then its usually either the heater itself, therostat, selector switch or thermal cut out at fault.

Theres also a thermal cut out on the side of the oven, When you pull the oven out remove the top and look down the inside besides the fan and theres a thermal cut out on the side there as well, Check them.

Also ive just uploaded the wiring diagram so click the link below and check that. Now it does go of the serial number so you need to check it. You need the first 3 digits of the serial number to work out which diagram you need.

Check that and see what you find and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply and the circuit diagram. I will check out the selector switch (I've already ruled out the heater element and thermostat and have checked the thermal cutout on the back and the ones you mentioned which are on the right top side of the oven when top covers removed. I did find one of these cutouts was open circuit but shorting it out didn't help and I didn't know what it connected to. The oven is with a customer so will get back to you next week when I get round there again. Best regards, Neil
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

No worries thats fine.

Hopefully with the diagram you can find the fault.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

I see the question is still open. Do you still need help on this?

If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.