Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hiya I have a tumble dryer that is going round but not

hiya I have a tumble dryer that is going round but not heating up
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lindo 100
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Sorry thats not the model thats just the range.

If you open the door there should be a sticker in there with the model on it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you need its serial number??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh so sorry hold on lol
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

No worries thats fine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ZDP7202PZ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that the right one ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what the annoying this is its warranty run out 17 days ago lol
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Yep thats the correct model, Give me a few minutes while i check the build and i will type the answer out for you then.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is nothing visually burn out and it has not been over loaded forgot to say.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok if its not heating and the drum is turning on then its usually the heater unit. As on the heater is the thermostats and they can fail.

If you are looking at fixing this yourself then you need to remove the buldge cover on the back and behind there you will see the heater.

Remove this and turn it over and on the other side you will see the thermostats. You need a multi meter to test them. If they are faulty then you need to replace the heater unit itself as it comes as a complete unit.

But as you say its only 17 days out of warrenty give Zanussi a bell and see what they can do for you. As i have seen them in the past do what they call a good will repair.

Ive have known them to do it quite a lot on appliances just out of warrenty so as your only 17 days out of warrenty im sure they may sort this out for you for free.

But if you want to have a go at fixing yourself then the first thing to check is the heater and thermostats at the back of the dryer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have had the heating element out to see if it had melted or overheated and all the filements seem ok as do the plasic bits nothing seems melted but we have not tested anything lol
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we did this as it said there was a cut out switch but buggerd if we could see one!!
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

You wont be able to tell if a thermostat has failed just by looking at it as they dont burn out or melt. They fail inside so only a multimeter will be able to see if its faulty as that will test for contonuity on it.

Theres no cut out switch in there. Was that in the manual were you saw that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I gooogled I am having problems with my zanussi dryer make blah blah and it came up with a questions and answer site bit like this and showed diagrams..we were sat her looking thinking hold on right model etc but nowt like our inside hence why thought this the best option for help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you see that was also our problem as whn we purchased it we got instructions on how to operate the dryer..how to even swop door round etc but no manual lol
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if zanussi wont help where would we get the part from can you advise??
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Im afraid these dont have cut out switches or reset thermostats, Thats why you cannot find them

As to getting spares you can egt them from Zanussi themselfs. Click here for there spares site