KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My sn66t096gb/52 dishwasher is not working and is showing

Customer Question

my sn66t096gb/52 dishwasher is not working and is showing flashing lights at the inlet and rinse aid indicators however we have a water softener and this follows an earlier e015 error code showing for which I tilted the machine (following online advice). This fixed the initial error for 1 or 2 wash cycles but then the inlet/rinse aid indicators lit up.
I am unable to rest the machine and the hard-rest as advised by Siemens has had no effect.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... E15 error indicates anti flood device in base of appliance has been activated ... as you have already done tilt thing now do this ... with the dishwasher unplugged take the cover and panel below the door off and then remove any water from the base, this will reset the anti flood device. Also check if their is any leak causing this issue
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It inks integrated - do I need to take the door panel off first to get to the panel where there flooding might be?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I might be able to squeeze the metal panel off the front by bending it so it clears the wooden front but I'm not sure if this is the best plan as it might scratch the door panel as it comes off. E015 is no longer showing btw - it is lights by the inlet tap and rinse aid icons

The problem is the leak causing this issue... try to clean the base of the dishwasher completely and it will sove the problem

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok understood - do I need to take the door off to do an effective dry? I so how do i take it off?

no just the base plate has to come off

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You mean The base plate covering the round basket filter and pump? I have done that and emptied the water out of it with a cloth, re-tilted the machine and there is no water in it (there is plenty of water in the salt container). The two lights, one next to the tap symbol and one next to the word rinse aid are lit and not turning off..... What next?

Sorry for late response... just checked, can you remove the back and side panels then check the drain hose, filter and pump ... clean everything completely and then try it again

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've checked and think that I could manage to take the side panels off. There is no back panel - just a black rubber mat covering the back of the machine. I will endeavour to take the side panels off tomorrow when I have a little more time - once I have do that I'll look for the filters, drain hose and pump and give them a good clean. Can you advise whether I need to take off both sides or where abouts the pump, filters and drain hose will be located?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 months ago.

no just the pump filters and drain hose should be cleaned completely

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Alright Kevin
Ok so I have cleaned the inlet filter. I thentook the sides off and under the left cover I could see that the transparent tank which covers the whole side of the machine is full of water. I could not see the pump or it's filters I could not detach the drain hose as the whole thing is a completely sealed unit. Please clarify where the filters, drain hose and pump are located and how I get to them in order to clean them. Thanks

OK, can you please send the image of this tank which is full of water ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I hope you can see where the water comes up to. Sorry this problem is dragging a bit - thanks for your patience with me
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for the offer - it's a bit pricey for me I'm afraid especially this late at night as I'm heading to bed shortly. Could you see the issue on the photos?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What did you make of the photos I sent of the tank full of water?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please answer my questions and then I can rate you. Thanks