KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My AEG Electrolux washer-drier is showing error code 10 at

Customer Question

My AEG Electrolux washer-drier is showing error code 10 at the end of a wash cycle and before the tumble drier should start.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... please tell me its complete model number and how old is it ?
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kevin. It's model no. 16830. AEG Elecrolux Lavamat turbo. Don't know how old it is, but maybe 7 years? In the manual it says it's the water supply but there doesn't seem to be a problem there as it does the wash, rinse and spin cycle ok. It's just the tumble drier that isn't working. Thanks. Linda

OK what happens if you run the washer on cold wash only cycle ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. It is a cold fill machine and I use a 40-60o mix wash. The wash cycle works fine. It just won't do the tumble dry. I'll try a cold wash and dry and see what happens. Thanks

OK if it works fine on cold wash then it is the heating element that will need replacement... let me know how it goes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have switched the control to a cold wash then tried to add a tumble dry programme but it won't accept the drying cycle. It just says error. Thanks

it wont accept drying cycle because of bad heating element ... if the heater was fine it would have worked on drying cycle

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. I'll look into it and let you know the outcome.

Sure please let me know how it goes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I've had my machine fixed today and it was the water supply valve that needed replacing.
Regards Linda