Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Whirlpool side by side fridge freezer with water filter in

Customer Question

Whirlpool side by side fridge freezer with water filter in the bottom grille under freezer
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. How may I help with your refrigerator?
  2. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cannot find a model number but it is a philips whirlpool fridge freezer made in the USA wth side by side fridge and freezer and a water and ice dispenser. It has filter access from the grille under the freezer section
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I removed the previous filter but cannot get the identical filter to fit in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any ideas?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Is it just not turning in or what is it doing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It won't fit back in. It does not lock or sit in as the other did when I put it in. It does not seem to fit . Water is flowing from the dispenser but not through the filter obviously.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Is it a style that pushes in to lock or a 1/4 turn style filter?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Have you removed the protective caps from the filter ends?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Removed the cap (red) and it used to require a 1/4 turn to lock it. It does not turn or lock.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It is probably not pushed in far enough. If by pushing in a bit harder it will not lock in and turn, the filter housing's valve is probably faulty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This does not really help me to be honest.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing was gained so I guess you should cancel this question.