JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My Kipor Digital KGE 3500Ti generator has stopped producing

Customer Question

My Kipor Digital KGE 3500Ti generator has stopped producing power.
Engine runs fine and the 12v socket works but the main blue sockets are not.
It stopped when we had a kettle plugged in and the kettle blew. It blew the trip switch in the van and the genny stopped producing power.
Cant find any form of trip switch internally and have been told it might need a new control panel.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Hi the fault is most likely to be due to the transformer, which steps the 120V to 240V.

The alternator is working as is the bridge rectifier in order for the 12V output to be working.

My guess is when the Kettle blew there wasnt an anti surge protection device enabled and the current blew one of the transformer coils.

Unfortunately I cant find any spares online, however this shouldnt be more than £150 to supply and fit the part, I would suggest you call 0121(###) ###-####/strong> and ask for the nearest service centre.

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I havent heard back from you in the last few days, and just wanted to check if you still require assistance, I would appreciate it if you could rate the service received.

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorted. Thanks
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Excellent, so I may resolve the call appreciate if you can rate the service received

James