KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius washing machine that will not

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius washing machine that will not start programme when I shut the door. Flashing door locked light.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... it seems the door interlock has gone bad and will need replacement... please get back with its complete model number for further assistance.
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea what the full model number is ***** I bought it secondhand. Is there anywhere on the machine that will tell me the number?.

As slamming door occasionally works so it is the door interlock mechanism that has to be replaced ... the model number is ***** on the door, a new door interlock will cost £7 + labor