JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Re neff double oven cooker E-Nr U1661N2GB/01 fan oven heater

Customer Question

re neff double oven cooker E-Nr U1661N2GB/01 fan oven heater element blown,
fan oven heater replaced, no electrical feed. fan running ok.
oven operating ok using alternative heater elements and appears to be under control
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

If there is no voltage across the element terminals this would suggest a control board or control switch failure.

The best thing to do is trace the element cables back to the control board or switch, perform a continuity test, and see if there is a lose connections.

Based on experience this sounds most likely to be a lose termination\connection or failing that a faulty component on the control board, the control switch is unlikely to be at fault since the fan is operating when the fan mode is selected, and the thermostat is working as the other element is working as expected.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are the fan and heater element wired in parallel ? There are 2 connections to each terminal on the heater element.
In operation does the fan run continuously while the heater switches on and off?
To check the ends of the connections I will need to remove the cooker from its housing, I will need some time to do what this requires.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

The fan should be on a separate circuit, since the element will switch on and off as the thermostat calls for heat, but the fan remains constant even when there isnt a call for heat, so it is not in serial or parallel.

I would start by looking at the main oven function control which is the far left hand side as your looking at the front.

Please let me know how you get on stripping it down, if you begin to struggle and would like me to recommend an engineer to attend site please let me know your post code.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I havent heard back from you in the last few days, and just wanted to check if you still require assistance, I would appreciate it if you could rate the service received.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

James