JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have the whirpool HDW101WG washing machine. Its showing

Customer Question

I have the whirpool HDW101WG washing machine. Its showing error F 02 and also flashing 5UD or SUD. Please advise
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

The sud and F2 fault codes suggest there is a drainage issue, I would start by checking and cleaning the filter at the bottom of the washer.

Remove the bottom panel which should reveal a large screw cap, have a bowl to capture any water which is still in the machine, as you remove the screw cap. Remove any debris then replace the filter cap.

Once this has been done run the washer again and see if you get the same fault, then check your drainage hoses are clear, and if they are its time to look at replacing the pump.

Please let me know if you need any further guidance, and how you get on after cleaning the filter.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon, I havent heard back from you I just wanted to follow up to see if you required any further assistance

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Good Afternoon having looked at the machine and cleaned the filter there is no more codes but the end of a wash program were it says 1min it is actually taking unto a hour is it possible the programmer.RegardsTheresa steedHome Manager
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Hi Theresa,

It does sound like its the main PCB (programmer) unfortunately these are however rather expensive to replace, your looking at around £150 in parts from a online company such as the one here, plus around £50 in labour costs to have someone replace it.

Its worth calling out an engineer before getting the part, since it may be a lose wire, or something which can be fixed by re-programming the PCB.

If you would like me to recommend a company to come out to look at the washer, please provide the postcode.

James