JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a aeg 12v cordless drill, it just stopped working I

Customer Question

I have a aeg 12v cordless drill, it just stopped working I thought it was the battery, charged the battery up I noticed the red and green lights were flashing, I left for 2hours still not working can you help. Thank you
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like a hardware failure in the drill itself.

Even with a end of life battery I would expect the drill to show some sign of life after a 30 minute charge.

If the drill is totally dead when you press the trigger its likely to be a lose wire, with the trigger pressed and the drill facing away from you bank the side, battery and rear of the drill with you hand and see if it shows any sign of life.

If it does this would suggest a lose connection or the brushes in the motor failing, in any case a hardware failure of this nature would require the drill to be taken into a service centre.

If you can advise me of your postcode I can advise you of your nearest service centre.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon, I havent heard back from you I just wanted to follow up to see if you required any further assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I havent heard back from you in the last few days, and just wanted to check if you still require assistance, I would appreciate it if you could rate the service received.

James